Wednesday, April 25, 2012



A YEAR AGO: Life was different. 


There is an absolute truth to everything: we are always changing direction, we are on a quest. We are guided by that small yet sparkling ray of sunshine at the end of the tunnel. Along the way, we are exposed to the infinite joy and pain of: love, sadness, fear, loneliness, and even regrets, all these feelings are unavoidable. 


When I met love: I thought I could fly. Suddenly the world was a much peaceful place full of light and genuine smiles. A magical (much harder to explain than quantum physics) force which elevated me to reach the peak of the unknown. I laughed and I cried - like a child unaware. My state of mind did not allow me to see with clarity that which others voiced out to me. In short, and as love does, it snaps you out of wonderland on to Misery-land. I once heard a man say: "El amor cominenza como un sueño y termina en insomnia", meaning "loves begins as a dreams, ends as a nightmare", that man, was a genius. Love soon took me on a journey within my own quest, during which time I was faced with...


SADNESS: the most undeniably soul-perforating feeling, the same feeling that teaches you how to become a better you. Through sadness I found guided steps into self-betterment. I did not understand the concept of complete isolation from the one person that at a given point meant the world - in turn those feelings of fear and loneliness crawled in allowing me to see the world in a complete, new, and uncensored perspective. If you have ever been faced with a similar situation, then I am certain these thoughts will seem as clear as water. Otherwise, I will further end by saying that Love, Fear and Loneliness only teach you one thing: how to be stronger you, a louder you, a brighter you.


Every experience comes with a purpose - Every person we meet is designed to teach us a lesson. It may have seen as though I was losing myself as I explained my frustration towards these common feelings, however, the truth is: when one is on the edge, life creates a wall that prevents you from falling, we just have to rise above and climb over that brick wall to discover the meaning.



No comments:

Post a Comment